Big mousse-take: Woman ends up in hospital after ‘confusing builder’s foam with her hair mousse’

This picture proves once and for all how important it is to read the label on the can.

It shows a mystery woman who reportedly ended up in A&E after confusing her hair mousse with a can of expanding builder’s foam.

The image, believed to have been taken at a hospital in Jackson, has been widely shared on social media.

She can be seen sitting in a waiting room looking understandably unhappy with her situation with a giant solid helmet of polyurethane foam on her head.

Expanding polyurethane foam has a number of uses in DIY situations – although ‘hair product’ is not one of them

Builders’ and at-home-handymen used the foam for everything from preventing leaks, to filling gaps during construction and holding items in place.